Hi my lovelies! How are you doing? A had major trouble painting my nails last night – kept having to re-do them & all sorts, it was SUPER frustrating. Me being indecisive didn’t help either ! In the end (VERY late at night), I made up my mind & finished them… They’re not neat at all but I blame my tiredness, my eyes & the poor lighting in my room LOL!
Ha! As you can tell they don’t look neat at all… I’m surprised I didn’t get any DUVET MARKS on them as they weren’t fully dry when I went to sleep! I did the black lines freehand hence the messiness. But here’s what I used…
Left to right:
Barry M Basecoat & topcoat.
Saucy Nailpolish by Eyeko.
Exaggerate eye liner in brown by Rimmel.
Gold eye liner by BeautyUK.
Good old Scotch tape as a guide for the tips
After Fee from (Makeup Savvy – her blog is on my Blogroll… Right hand column ) used glitter in her recent NOTD I thought I’d give it a try & it looks fab! It’s very easy to do…
- Apply a BASECOAT.
- Paint nails with RED polish & wait until they’re fairly dry.
- Stick SCOTCH TAPE onto your nails where you want the gold tip to be as a GUIDE (wide or thin – whatever you prefer) I like to do ONE HAND at a time so I don’t mess it up!
- Paint the tips GOLD.
- WAIT for the tips to dry & carefully PEEL the tape off.
- Do the SAME with your other hand.
- Apply random DOTS of glitter, from the gold eye liner, onto any finger you wish (I chose my ring fingers).
- Do ‘C‘ shapes with the brown eye liner around the gold dots.
- With the brown eye liner add a LINE between the gold tip & red polish
- Apply a TOPCOAT & wait for them to dry… TA-DA, you’re done!
Simple, yet effective I might try this with different colour combinations too Hopefully my freehand lines will get better too! LOL
What have YOU got on your nails at the mo?
P.S – Don’t forget to enter my WINTER WONDERLAND GIVEAWAY by clicking HERE! & to those that have entered PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY!! I’ve left all the entries up so you can re-check your entries & re-enter if you haven’t left all the correct information in the comment I know it’s petty but it’s not fair on the ones that have done exactly what I’ve asked for The ones that don’t follow the rules will be DELETED on the last day of the give away – so you’ve still got time!! But thank you for all of those who have entered so far